Do Space Summer Passport & Do List: Available June 1st
May 14th, 2019 | Weston Thomson, Director of Community Learning
Starting June 1st, Do Space kicks off a summer full of programs for all ages with the new Passport and Do List.
Helping combat the summer slide, our Summer Passport program for ages 3-12 provides a free resource that engages children from all socio-economic backgrounds in tech-related educational activities, from coding to 3D printing basics. Collecting passport stamps will earn kids prizes while helping to prepare them for the coming school year.
Each passport comes on a lanyard and includes activities and award challenges designed to stimulate learning in the out-of-school months. There are four program categories available to passport holders: Explore, Learn, Make, and Code.
- Explore – check out a Tech Kit or attend a drop-in session
- Learn – attend a Do Space program
- Make – attend a Maker Monday session or a Jr. Makers class
- Code – complete a tutorial or attend a coding class
The Do List
The Do List is designed to engage teens and adults during the summer at Do Space. Participants ages 13 and up will receive a free journal and an educational Do List that leverages our summer teen and adult classes and a wide variety of computer and 3D Lab activities. Those who complete at least three items from the Do List will be entered to win a new Apple iPad and Pencil.
The Do List inspires a call to action for our older members and the creative community to compute, discover, experiment, design, create, build, generate, and more using resources available at Do Space. Here are some items from our Do List:
- Sign up for your FREE membership.
- Check out an explore a tech kit.
- Experiment with our software in the computer lab.
- Experience virtual reality with our HTC Vive.
- Print a document or poster at the Print Station.
- Register for a FREE class at dospace.org/calendar.
- Make something FABulous with our 3D Lab at dospace.org/3d-lab/
- Get your business idea off the ground! Visit https://startomaha.com/
- Request a tech mentor at dospace.org/programs/our-
- Try 3D design using SketchUp Pro, Fusion 360 or Zbrush software.
- Attend a community meetup: Digital Artists, Game Design, 3D Printing, and more.
- Become a Do Space volunteer. Learn more at https://dospace.org/
- Become a Professional Member. Learn more at https://dospace.org/visit/