Interested in learning how to use our ULS laser cutter or Glowforge, but don’t have a project in mind? Want to use our 3D Lab but not sure where to start?
#MakersGonnaMake items are project kits that our members can come and complete in our 3D Lab here at Do Space. Periodically, we will be releasing a new project that participants can try out on their own. Do Space will provide the materials and designs to build the project. You’ll provide the creative spark, and curiosity to try something new.
- Newest Project: Laser Engraved Leather Key Chain: Find the program description here and find the project sheet here
- Laser Engraved Wooden Coasters: Find the program description here and find the project sheet here.
How can I get this project?
- Start by Reserving the 3D Lab. Book the full four hours, especially if this is your first time in the 3D Lab. The project shouldn’t take quite that long, but anytime you going to engrave onto any item, it can take an hour or more to complete the job.
- When you get to Do Space and check in with the Tech Desk ask for the #MakersGonnaMake kit, and specify which project you would like to complete.
- Go make the things!
The fine print:
- Like our 3D lab classes, these kits are meant for adults. Families can do these projects together, but an adult needs to be present at all times while children are in the 3D lab.
- All 3D lab rules apply. To receive this kit you must have a current signed Borrower’s Agreement, a current Waiver of Liability, and a photo ID. Our staff will take care of checking all of this when you check out the 3D Lab.
- You must have a current reservation that starts within 10 minutes of check-in to receive a kit. You may not pick up a kit for later in the day, week, or month.
- Project kits are first come, first serve. Some kits will have limited qualities.
- You can take home what you make, but all other equipment and supplies must be returned to the Tech Desk when you’re finished.
- Projects are limited to one project per reservation.