Tuesday Tech Tip: Top 10 Ways to Stay Safe On Public Wi-Fi Networks
March 18th, 2017 | Michael Sauers, Technology Manager
Open WiFi is nearly everywhere today, including here at Do Space. But you need to be aware that the “open” in Open WiFi means that’s it’s definitely not secure and not necessarily private either. The folks over at LifeHacker have a great list of ways to help you be more secure and private when using Open WiFi.
- Practice Good Internet Hygiene
- Use the Right Networks (and Avoid the Bad Ones)
- Use Semi-Open Wi-Fi Networks Instead
- Turn Off File Sharing and AirDrop Options
- Turn Wi-Fi Off When Not In Use
- Keep Your Antivirus and Antimalware Up to Date
- Install Privacy-Protecting Browser Extensions
- Use HTTPS Everywhere You Can
- Use a VPN (or Roll Your Own)
- Bring Your Own Wi-Fi Instead
Check out all the details @ LifeHacker.com.