#MakersGonnaMake Projects Now Available in Our 3D Lab
March 15th, 2021 | Brie Alsbury, Community Learning Specialist
Are you bored in the house? Tired of feeding your sourdough starter?
Looking to safely social distance, but still do something fun?
Have you ever wanted to use our 3D Lab, but aren’t sure what to make?
We now have a fix for your boredom.
#MakersGonnaMake are projects that you come in and do in our 3D Lab here at Do Space. We’re providing the instructions and the materials. All you need to do is book the 3D Lab and make the project.
Since the pandemic started we haven’t been able to hold in person classes, and we know that sometimes the equipment in the 3D Lab can be a little intimidating to get started with. So every two months we’ll be releasing a brand new project that you can try out on your own. We’ll provide the materials and designs to build the project. You’ll provide the creative spark, and curiosity.
March and April’s featured project is wooden coasters using our Glowforge. It’s a great beginner project for anyone who wants to get their feet wet with cutting and engraving on the Glowforge.
How can I get this project?
- Start by Reserving the 3D Lab. Go ahead and booking a full four hours, especially if this is your first time in the 3D Lab. The project shouldn’t take quite that long, but if you’re going to engrave photos on to your coasters it can take an hour or more to complete the job.
- When you get to Do Space and check in with the Tech Desk ask for the #MakersGonnaMake kit.
- Go make things!
The fine print:
- Like our 3D lab classes, these kits are meant for adults. Families can do these projects together, but an adult needs to be present at all times while children are in the 3D lab.
- All 3D lab rules apply. To receive this kit you must have a current signed Borrower’s Agreement, a current Waiver of Liability and a photo ID and proof of current address. Our staff will take care of checking all of this when you check out the 3D Lab.
- You must have a current reservation that starts within 10 minutes of check-in to receive a kit. You may not pick up a kit for later in the day, week, or month.
- Kits are first come, first serve. Some kits will have limited qualities.
- You can take home what you make, but all other equipment and supplies must be returned to the Tech Desk when you’re finished.
- Projects are limited to one project per reservation.
- Because of social distancing, we don’t provide support in the 3D Lab. If you get stuck on the project please rewatch the videos provided.
Is there a reason you named this new program with a hashtag?
Oh! You got us. We cleverly named this new program with a hashtag because MakersGonnaMake is a common hashtag in the maker community on social media. We want the world to see what you’re making! Share your finished project with the hashtag #MakersGonnaMake and tag Do Space!