Do Space News
Coming Soon: Do Space Passport!
May 7th, 2018 | Kimberly Hwa Davis, Community Learning Specialist
Do Space Summer Passports are back and better than ever! Summer Passports will be available starting Thursday, May 31 at our Summer Kickoff. Can’t make the Summer Kickoff? Then just ask a staff member at the Information Desk after May 31!
Just like a real travel passport, ours also collect stamps for different activities. Get any combination of three stamps on the first stamp page and then take it up to the Information desk to receive a prize! For every two stamps after that, you will keep receiving prizes throughout June and July.
How do you earn your stamps? We have four stamps to earn in easy, fun ways:
- Take a Self-Guided tour. You can grab a Self-Guided Tour sheet at either the Information or Tech Help Desks.
- Check out any Do Space tech kit.
- Attend a FREE Littles Lab program (ages 5 and under) on Tuesdays from 9:30-10:15 and Saturdays from 9:30-10:15 and 10:30-11:15. Registration is required.
- Attend a FREE Tech Safari program (for all ages) on Tuesday and Thursday through June and July from 1:00-2:30 Tech Safari programs are Afternoon of Code, Old School Tech, Make It with Makey Makey, Draw It Up with 3D Doodlers, Robot Rumble, Circuit Jams, and Wearable Tech.
- Try a new software program or app on any Do Space computer or tablet.
- Attend a FREE Junior Makers program (ages 6-12) on Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00. Registration is required.
- 3D print something with either the Taz 5 3D printer or the DaVinci Mini Maker tech kit. Make sure to reserve the Taz 5 on our technology page.
- Attend a FREE Kid Coders program (ages 6-12) on Tuesdays from 5:00-6:00. Registration is required.
- Complete a coding tutorial or lesson from sites like The Foos, Code.org, or CodeCombat.
With so many ways to earn stamps for your Summer Passport, you’ll be a Do Space expert in no time! Join us at Do Space for our Summer Kickoff on May 31st from 4:30-6:30 to start earning your stamps for your Summer Passport!