2021 Start Omaha Work Week
Calling all entrepreneurs. Access local resources and connect with like-minded leaders from Omaha's community of established and future startups and small businesses.
The Start Omaha Work Week, April 19th-22nd, provides local entrepreneurs, startups, and small businesses with a dedicated focus-week to tackle challenges and pain points in their venture, and walk away with new tools and concepts to help them move forward. This week-long event aims to spark discussions on inclusiveness, awareness, and leadership in the local workforce and to provide information and knowledge to the local entrepreneurial/small business/start-up community. Our vision for this week is to provide a common ground for members from the community to learn together as well as bring awareness to resources, small businesses, and freelance opportunities within the Omaha area entrepreneur and startup community.
To keep track of event participation, we encourage everyone to mark your attendance at various programs using our Beanstack App. Participants that attend at least three events and track them using the app, will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 Myrtle & Cypress Gift Card, a $25 Dripped & Draped Gift Card or a $50 Edge of the Universe Gift Card. Participants that attend at least five events will be entered to win a free headshot photo session from Omaha Headshot Company.
We are pleased to announce that some of our partnering organizations include (but are not limited to) Nebraska Enterprise Fund, SCORE, Small Business Administration, Beeso Studio, EventVesta, Maxwell, InvestNebraska and many others! Find the full lineup below.
Start Omaha Program Schedule: Register for programs here
- Monday, April 19th:
- 11am: Financing Your Small Business: Small Business Administration
- 1pm: Funding for Innovation & Entrepreneurship in Nebraska: Invest Nebraska
- 3pm: ‘Business in a Box’: Technology Consulting Solutions
- 5pm: How to Launch Your Startup before Writing a Line of Code: EventVesta
- 7pm: Branding and Marketing: More than Just a Logo: Big Frog Custom T-Shirts & More.
- Tuesday, April 20th:
- 11am: Aim Code School Resources: AIM
- 1pm: Discover the Power of Job Sharing: JobShareConnect
- 3pm: Budget Tips: How to Bring Order to the Chaos: Nebraska Business Development Center
- 5pm: Crash Course for Startups: Business Entities and Entity Formation: Koley Jessen Law Firm
- 7pm: Simple Bookkeeping Solutions: Morris Better Bookkeeping
- Wednesday, April 21st:
- 11am: Business Innovation Act: Nebraska Department of Economic Development
- 1pm: Borrowing Basics: Nebraska Enterprise Fund
- 3pm: Navigating Change: How to Thrive in an Ever-Changing World: ThinkFree Consulting
- 5pm: Critical steps to building company culture while growing your start-up: WRK/360
- 7pm: What Makes a Strong Founder?: Beeso Studio
- Thursday, April 22nd:
- 11am: Facebook Features for Small Business: Nebraska Enterprise Fund
- 1pm: Getting Started with Online Advertising: Click Targeter
- 3pm: Small Business Resources: Small Business Administration
- 5pm: Entrepreneurship 2020 Panel: Chelsi Bartlett (Laurel & Ives), Rachel Evans (Edge of the Universe), Alex Kuklinski (FYI.io), and Ty Nared (Mareki Montessori Toys).
- 7pm: Microsoft Excel Basics: Julie Dort
- BONUS: Friday, April 23rd
- 11am: Intro to Podcasting: Webberized
- 1pm: Cloud Computing for Businesses: Julie Dort
- 3pm: Pandemic Pivot: Launching a #futureofwork startup in 2020: Maxwell