Save The Date for the 2nd Annual Open House
October 26th, 2017 | Chancellor Smith, Community Learning Specialist
Join Do Space on November 9th, 2017 from 4:30-6:30 PM for an evening of community engagement, learning, and fun. Do Space has been open for two years and it is time to celebrate and show our appreciation to the Omaha community!
So, you are invited to join us for the 2nd Annual Do Space Open House where participants will get hands-on interactive learning opportunities along with innovative and engaging technological activities promoting technology, learning, and fun. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn about our space, meet our wonderful staff/volunteers, and have fun using technology. In addition, we will be celebrating all the volunteers that assist our staff and Do Space members ensuring that we are able to share our mission and programs with all our members.
Here are the activities that we will be hosting:
- Robotics Demos – In the 3D Lab, Community Technologies will host robot demonstrations to help introduce all ages to coding and robotics opportunities at Do Space.
- 3D Printing Demos – In the Large Conference Room, you can check out demonstrations on the Taz 5 and the Resin printer, including how they run. We will also have 3D print samples on display along with staff and volunteers who can answer all your questions about 3D printing at Do Space.
- Circuit Scramble – In the Active Learning Lab, you can test your skills with Snap Circuits.
- Tech Kit Sandbox – Located in MCC at Do Space on our 2nd floor, volunteers will be available to assist members with experimenting with our tech activity kits. These are normally available to hack on your own, but we will have volunteers who will be nearby to ask questions and make suggestions. Plus, no checkouts needed!
- Coding Obstacle Course – Also located upstairs, members will be invited to code robots, including the Dash & Dot and Coda-A-Pillar through a course. See if you can navigate your robot to the end.
Light refreshments will be available. All ages are invited and encouraged to attend. We are looking forward to seeing you November 9th!