Do Space’s Response to Covid-19
June 25th, 2020 | Rachel Drietz, Operations Manager
Right now at Do Space our number one priority is the health and safety of our community members and our staff. While our mission of empowering the community with access to technology remains the same, we have navigated how to do so with new safety measures and protocols in place. Learn more about what we are doing in response to Covid-19:
- We are asking members to make a reservation before visiting Do Space to limit the number of people in the building.
- We are open with limited services:
- Computer Lab capacity is reduced to 20 computers which are staggered at a six-foot distance and are available for two hour reservations.
- One person at a time may reserve our entire 3D Lab for up to 4 hours per day.
- All of our programs remain digital and we are still offering our virtual help desk online!
- Staff are asked to complete a daily health screening before entering the building for their shift.
- Staff have been properly trained on the cleaning guidelines and the new procedures that are in place.
- The ventilation systems in the Do Space building have been inspected and are in line with the CDC recommendations related to Covid-19.
- Computers and workstations are cleaned before and after each member use.
- Staff sanitize commonly touched surfaces on an hourly basis.
- All staff members will be wearing masks and community members are encouraged to wear them as well. We have paper masks provided for those who do not have one.
- We are asking members and staff to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- We are engaging in social distancing best practices.
- Hand sanitizer that is approved by the CDC is provided for members.
- Our building is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected by our cleaning crew at the end of each day.
Do Space is working hard to support the health of the community and we hope to see you soon!